Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Start Of Something New!

I told myself I would never get a blog.. 1. because I hate getting things just because other people have them. and 2. (the main reason) because I just didn't understand how to make one.. retarded I know! BUT.. I have changed my mind! I decided it would be a fun way to document my little Reefy's growing life, as well as mine and Jared's. So I will start from the beginning....

Jared and I met in May of 2007, at FHE at Bishop Bickmore's home. From the moment I saw him, I knew that he would be my husband.. I know it sounds crazy, but its true. We started talking/ dating on June 2, 2007 and got engaged on August 6, 2007.

On April 18, 2008 we were married and sealed for time and all eternity in the San Diego Temple! That was truly the happiest/ best day of my life! We had our reception on April 19, 2008, which is a night I'm sure I will never forget! There were so many people that came out to show their love and support.

There have been some trials in our lives, some a lot harder than others. On September 29, 2008, my sister Ashley went into preterm labor and delivered my beautiful niece Kiarra Nicole Collins. Baby Kiarra was so small and unable to survive.. I truly believe that Kiarra was far too pure and great for this world that all she needed here was a body. She opened our eyes to what is truly important.. Family. Although I didn't get the opportunity to meet her, I look forward to that moment that I will be able to see her and be with her for eternity. After the passing of my niece we had stickers made that we all put on our cars, they say, "Families Are Forever" every time I look at that sticker I think of my niece and how lucky I am to have the gospel in my life and to know that Families are Forever! I love you Kiarra Nicole!


April 6, 2009 was my second favorite day and one of the most painful ((the contraction part)) amazing, unforgettable, days of my life. Reef Tamaiti Aiono was born at 3:53 A.M. He weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces and was 20 inches long! He is one of our greatest blessings. He brings so much joy in our lives and I thank the Lord each day for trusting me to raise one of his most precious children! We have so much fun with Reef and all of our many nieces and nephew. Our family is growing and we are loving every minute of it.


Our family has been through so many amazing experiences and I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. Jared and I have grown so much as a couple and I look forward to the many more experiences we will have together. I hope to give you all a little taste of what our lives are all about!

No comments: