Friday, March 1, 2013

Redneck Weekend

My Dad is a HUGE fan of Nascar and NHRA. Growing up we used to play tricks on him and tell him who won the race before he could watch it. He would get so mad and we would laugh so hard! My siblings have kind of developed a love for racing after all of these years so when my mom asked me if I would like to go to the NHRA Nationals in Phoenix, I couldn't say no. We went Saturday morning and spent the day watching drag race after drag race. It is seriously INSANE! Some of those cars can go up to 300MPH. It is sooo loud, as you can imagine. The boys absolutely loved it. I think Hawk was actually more into it than Reef. He would perk up when he heard the engines rev. I loved watching his expressions as the cars raced by. At around Noon he started getting so tired, but he did not want to sleep, he wad way to excited... Finally, after a lot of crying and rocking, he fell asleep. There were a few breaks between races so my mom and I took that time to do some SERIOUS PEOPLE WATCHING! That was almost as much fun as watching the drags. I am so glad we went. It was fun to experience something that my Dad absolutely loves and to use that as a bonding moment. These are the times I will look back on and be grateful for the memories and I know my boys will do the same. Thanks Mom and Dad for taking us with you and for visiting us!!



Funny Cars (That is what they are actually called) racing down the drags. It's not the best quality, but you get the idea:)

Hawk and Papa watching the drags
 Papa was a trooper and held Hawk most of the time.

 Reef with his Nama Liz
Reef thought it was soo cool that he could fit in the tire of this Monster Truck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Is Jared Aiono the one from Bonita Vista High in San Diego? If so, we are trying to contact him about the reunion this year! If he is interested in coming, could you please have him email bvhs2003@gmail.com? Thank you!