Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Children and Chores

I am so behind on my blogging. I have a list of things I want to blog about, but I feel like I can never find the time. So, I am going to make it a goal to blog right after we get home from an adventure, or after a craft, or good news... you get the point. Alright, back to the reason for this post....

A few weeks ago, I saw an Instagram post from my cousin Eileen. She made a Chore Chart for her kids and above the chore items were the rewards. It was so cute and I loved the idea of Reef having some responsibility around the house... Plus, it helps me out a little bit ;). So Jared and I sat down with Reef and let him choose the chores he wanted to do. Each chore is worth 25 cents and he chose:
1. Clean up belongings around the house.
2. Clean up his playroom.
3. Help Mommy put the dishes (the silverware) away.

Jared and I added:
4. Brush your teeth
5. Take your vitamins

He is so excited to get started. He has already put the dishes away and cleaned up his play room. I am relieved to see that it's actually working. I will update on how much progress is made and see how long this whole thing will continue.. I'm hoping until he is old enough to add more to the chore list!








No comments: