Thursday, January 31, 2013

Disneyland with the Grandmas

Jared, the boys, and I took an unexpected trip to San Diego a few days after New Years. We decided that since he had about a week off we might as well head to Disneyland. My mom had bought us passes in October and so it wouldn't cost us anything to go. We were thrilled when we found out that both Grandmas could with us, each on a different day. We drove up with my mom on Monday and spent most of our day at California Adventure checking out the new Car's Land. It is AWESOME!! I cannot even tell you how many times I had to chase Hawk down because he would try to cut everyone in line. He was probably the most excited to be there. He would flip out when the rides were over too, he just couldn't understand why it had stopped and why we couldn't keep going. We also went a lot of rides that are usually crazy packed. It was nice to go when there weren't a lot of people. It makes it so much more enjoyable. We stayed in a Hotel about 1/2 a mile away from Disneyland so we could walk there the next day. We dropped my mom off at the train station Monday night and then picked Jared's mom up Tuesday morning from the train station. We headed to Disneyland and spent the entire day going on every single ride. When 6 PM hit we were exhausted and ready to leave. Jared had been feeling well so he was definitely a trooper both days. I felt so bad for him.. Being sick at Disneyland, is like being a Vegetarian at Outback. Weird comparison, but it makes sense in my mind. We decided we were hungry and buffalo chicken strips sounded so good, so we found a Wings 'N' Things on the way home and it was DELICIOUS! I honestly love Disneyland more than anything. It is crazy how it can make me so incredibly happy. I love to watch my boy's faces light up and to see their excitement as we board each ride. I get excited just thinking about going. It definitely is a magical place! We are planning a trip in March and we cannot wait!










No comments: